Yesterday we read all about the animal sacrifices that people used to do, and how there was a prediction written down that one day someone would come and be sacrificed to rescue us.
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world”. (John 1.29)
– What did John the Baptist call Jesus?
For God’s will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time. (Hebrews 10.10)
– What was the sacrifice that God decide to do to rescue us?
No one is righteous, not even one. No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God. All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good, not a single one. (Romans 3.10-12)
– If God didn’t help us first, how many people would look for God’s help?
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. (Ephesians 2.8-9)
– Do we have to do religious acts to make God like us or is His love and forgiveness an undeserved gift?
Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law. (Galatians 2.16)
– What makes us at peace with God?
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” (John 14.6)
– There are many different religions in the world but how many ways are there to get to God?
Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. (1 Peter 3.18)
– What does Jesus’ death on the cross do for us?
We are human and we have done wrong against an infinite God, His holiness and purity is infinite and this means that the wrong we have done against Him deserves an infinite punishment. Jesus, who is God, came down to this earth and was born as a human but, unlike us, He was perfect and never did anything wrong. He was killed on a cross and His Father in heaven punished Him with the punishment we deserve. He wasn’t guilty at all and so He didn’t deserve any punishment. When Jesus was on the cross He literally took the punishment people deserve.
When Christians die God will not punish them for what they have done wrong because their punishment has already been taken by Jesus and they are forgiven and set free. When we really understand how much Jesus did for us it will make us very grateful and full of love for Him and want to follow Him with everything!
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. (John 3.16-17)
– What do we need to do be rescued and have eternal life?
I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. (John 5.24)
– Will a Christian ever be punished for the sins they still do?
- Ask Jesus to help you to understand that He loves you so much He chose to die for you
- Ask God to help you to see that believing in Jesus is the only way to get to heaven
- Thank God that He doesn’t punish those that put their trust in Jesus dying for them